Skip to main content

How am I doing it? Designing the learning experience to include digital devices.

 

    Hello! So, as has been my usual with assignments for this class, I am posting to my blog after the due date.  I find all of this tech stuff to be very fascinating and confusing. The weekly modules are packed with information, but the problem is, the dates are wrong, drop boxes are not always easy to locate and when I do locate them, I find that they contain student assignments from previous semesters. This makes me think I am turning in assignments in the wrong place. I am however, dedicated to learning to navigate through this Tech Class!  I am not bitter.  I am however, working full-time as a long-term substitute teacher. This assignment commenced January 2, 2023 and will end when this school year ends.  What an amazing opportunity! I love it.  I cannot keep up with grading papers for 90 students, creating lesson plans (I was left with none!), and managing the classroom, while also trying to create a rapport with my students. 
    The thing that allows me to somewhat maintain everything, is incorporating digital devices in students' learning experience. I am very thankful for technology. I use Google Classroom, Google Slides, Google Forms, Google Documents, YouTube and others. Creating quizzes as formative assessments in Google Forms, allows for ease of grading, immediate feedback to students, and also allows for grades to post when synced with ProgressBook. The work comes on the front end, when I upload or type in manually, questions and answers. I shuffle the questions and the order of the answers (multiple choice) so students will be less successful with cheating. I am then better able to walk around the classroom and assist students with questions of clarification which I really like doing. Bell ringers are posted in Google Classroom as they enter the classroom. I project Google Slides on the whiteboard which displays our daily agenda, including prompting them to Google Classroom where the bell ringer awaits.  Students create and submit answers with Google Documents. This allows for ease of grading in addition to not having to worry about keeping track of students' papers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways that PK-12 teachers can use Web 2.0 tools with mobile devices for teaching and learning

  How can PK-12 teachers use Web 2.0 tools with mobile devices for teaching and learning?     In this modern age of technology, students and teachers alike, have learned to navigate through the many available Web 2.0 tools and utilize them in the classroom. These tools became essential to learning during the pandemic. I was a new permanent substitute teacher with no previous exposure to Google Classroom. It was a crazy time. The students were very helpful in explaining things to basically help me, help them, in terms of helping me understand what they were able to see, what they were able to do, and together, we made it work. As I reflect on this time, I am very thankful for the experience. Fast-forward to today where I am a long-term substitute teacher utilizing Web 2.0 tools in our face-to-face learning environment each day and I can still see how essential these tools are to myself as a teacher, and students alike.     As I had mentioned, I utilize Google Classroom every day. If I f

Just getting started...

Hello! My name is Shelly Wyman.  I am a student in EDCI 505 at Ashland University. I look forward to hearing from my classmates in the upcoming weeks. This week we are tasked with creating a blog.  Wish me luck!